PEER 150 Portland Regional Dinner
Thursday, April 25th, 2019
The PEER 150
The Portland members of The PEER 150 are honored to host an evening of networking and content at Vacasa Headquarters. Attendance is open to senior human resources executives approved by our PEER 150 team.
You are invited to join us for an evening of engaging content and idea sharing, along with great food and plenty of networking time with your peers.
We look forward to seeing you on Thursday, April 25th!
Thursday, April 25th, 2019
5:30 pm – Networking & Cocktail Reception
6:30 pm – Private Office Tour
7:00 pm – Dinner Served
7:15 pm – Welcome Comments
7:30 pm – Millennial Panel Discussion: Future of Work, Culture & Social Responsibility
– Tyler is a millennial employee who was been with Vacasa for 2.5 years. He is exceptionally valuable to our Operations organization and has seen tremendous growth and change through his time here. He currently oversees a team of international and domestic managers, all of which are also millennial or Gen Z.
– Tim leads Vacasa’s tech organization, which is comprised of over 200 employees globally. His team is comprised of approximately 75% millennial/Gen Z staff so he’s well versed in the challenges of leadership, recruiting and retention of this workforce.
– Amy is the Director of Product Design at Vacasa, where she leads a team of 11 product designers who deliver Vacasa’s digital experiences, including mobile and web applications and products.
– Alex is a Millennial who leads a global department of 15+ professionals who lead Supply Chain Management, Business Process Analysis, Translations and International Owner Engagement.
– Nate oversees our global customer experience teams – over 200 people with a median age of 23. While firmly a Gen Xer, he is very experienced in managing this emerging workforce – even started his career as a school principal.
Millennials are the fastest growing generation in the US. According to the Washington Post, they will make up 75% of our workforce by 2025. The c-suite is increasingly turning their attention to the millennial generation, whose attitudes & preferences are profoundly reshaping workplaces and society. What makes this group different from past generations?
Hear from a variety of employees at Vacasa as they have an interactive discussion on issues relevant to this new generation of workers, who are continuously showing a different set of professional values to their predecessors. They will also discuss ways their company is working to connect the millennial mindset into their corporate culture, including how they tackle the challenges of bringing out the best in their employees who often have vastly different personality types and skillsets.
8:30 pm – Prize Drawing & Adjourn
For more information about sponsorship, please contact RyanGabel@thepeer150.com.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement, or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today.
850 NW 13th Ave.
Portland, OR 97209
Vacasa is the largest vacation rental management company in North America and offers property management and other real estate services directly and through licensed subsidiaries. Leveraging industry-leading technology, Vacasa maximizes revenue for homeowners and its partners, and provides unforgettable experiences for guests. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Vacasa and its subsidiaries manage a growing portfolio of more than 11,000 vacation homes in the U.S., Europe, South and Central America, and Africa. In nine years, Vacasa has grown to more than 2,500 employees, has been honored as the Oregon Better Business Bureau Large Business of the Year and was ranked ninth on the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Companies list.